Saturday, August 28, 2010

How to do this new mommy thing all over again...

It's hard to imagine in 4 or 5 weeks we will add another baby to our family. Another mouth to feed (free for quite a while at least!) another little person to juggle time with. Another cry, another laugh, another person to love and to make us crazy. Another person for my husband to support and for me to somehow homeschool.

I remember with my other pregnancies thinking how am I going to do everything I do now AND feed a new baby... dress, care for, wash diapers, carry around... I'll be once again cooking dinner and doing chores with an infant tied to me. It sounds exhausting right now. But once that new baby is here I hardly think of it. For a while anyway. At first they are so light weight and easy to care for that everything falls into place easily. It's not until they get too heavy to carry comfortably that I really even notice. Of course there are things that are harder to do with any size baby. Folding clothes, cook at a hot stove, carry laundry baskets up and down stairs. (Do other people ever carry their babies in laundry baskets on top of the clean clothes?)

You know what I never try and imagine though...how I'll find the time to kiss pink baby feet or tickle yet another baby belly. How I'll find the time to gaze softly at new skin and smell my baby's head. I never question how I'll find the time to massage baby lotion on a silky baby body, how I will love another child, or how that child will fit in.

If children kept that rose petals sprinkled with saltwater dew drops newborn smell I'd be so content -and never ask how am I really going to do this AGAIN...

:) excited...

4 comments:

tansy said...

awwww, beautiful!

and yes, i've been known to carry my baby in the laundry basket with the clothes. :)

vinnayt said...

I found your old site a couple years ago that had the pictures of your older births. I'm guessing that sites down now since I haven't been able to find it.

Do you have them uploaded somewhere else now? I only ask because they were really beautiful pics and I have a friend who recently found she's pregnant and I'd love to show her them.

Thank you so much!

PS I can't believe your pregnant again! That's awesome!

Mom of a bunch of great kids... said...

vinnayt,
Thanks! :)
We had to cut back any where we could and unfortunately the site fell under that category. I paid 20 dollars a month for it and although there are cheaper sites that have easy to use web builders the one I was using had TONS I could do with it, and it was EASY. The best I've used and I've tried a dozen. Anyway, I hope to get it back up again eventually. I've had moments of wanting to splurge on the site again but stop myself because I also don't have a lot of time and need to focus on my kids. I'll comment back here again if I put pictures up somewhere or if I reactivate my site. Thanks for letting me know people are still interested in it. I got quite a bit of emails and web traffic from it.

Mom of a bunch of great kids... said...

Thanks Tansy!

Mother’s Day 2020

Ricky took the younger kids to pick out some Mother’s day presents for me on Saturday. I knew what they were up to but before leaving Madel...